Sunday, October 21, 2007

The Three-Day Honeymoon









YAY! Brittany, my college roommate, came to visit me! Britt, studying in Florence, flew to London for two days despite having two midterms on Monday- that is true love. When I picked her up from the tube it felt like camp visiting day when you first see your parents. We ran towards each other, hugging, jumping and overall causing a huge scene in Russell Square. Totally worth it because the Britt’s are so reserved.

Britt, never one to arrive empty handed, came bearing gifts of delicious Italian cake and wine- that we promptly devoured in my kitchen. The next morning, in my true tour guide fashion, Britt and I literally walked all over London. There are so many things to see that when you’re on my tour it’s more of a blitz tour than a leisurely experience. I know this is going to sound really dorky (it is) but I wore my pedometer to see how far we walked and we walked over six miles! Hot damn that’s far. Right. So Britt saw all the attractions. It was exhausting. Please, no more guests (just kidding Laura) I don’t think I’m in good enough shape to walk the entire city again.

Then after a delicious meal (are you sensing a trend) we saw Les Miserable. We had such amazing seats! So amazing that I now have full blown crushes on several of the actors. I can definitely speak for both of us- we loved every minute of the show. Loved it so much that we sang songs all the way back to my flat and then downloaded the soundtrack so we could sing more. How do we have friends? It is SHOCKING how embarrassing we can get.

Pretty much London was our culinary and cultural playground. We tried new foods at the Portobello Market, dined on dim sum on Charlotte Street, climbed on tanks at the Imperial War Museum, walked down the Thames River and perused Harrods and Harvey Nichols. The three days flew and saying goodbye was tough- not too tough because we are seeing each other again in Switzerland in two weeks. Suffer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.